ProgDVB User Guide
You will need to select your card type during the installation.
If your card uses BDA drivers, or you have more than one DVB-card, you have to enable these after the installation in ProgDVB's MainMenu->Settings->Device list
You have to add the switch and/or positioner into the DiSEqC tree (MainMenu->Settings->DiSEqC) and select your converter type (in the LNB properties). Here you also need to assign the satellite (or several satellites) to each converter.
All satellites should be scanned using MainMenu->Channel list->Search channels option.
That's it! After that you'll see the channels list and will be able to watch them. Usually the free channels are marked green and the encrypted channels marked red.Some dialogues that could be useful to set up.
Selection of DirectShow codecs that you want to use. There you'll also find the renderer selection as well as some other useful settings.
Recording settings. Define the folder name for your recordings and the recording format.
Channel list settings. ProgDVB channel lists may be of two types. Dynamic lists cannot be edited (they will be restored after rescan) but you can apply the channel filters to them.
The "Favourites" type of list can be edited. You can copy the channels you want to that list moving them around as you wish. Unlike the Dynamic list, the Favourites do not refresh after rescan.
Also, you should read ProgDVB quick start manual You are not allowed to view links.
Software and Hardware requirements
Since ProgDVB was written for x86 systems this software will only work with the following Operating Systems:
* Windows Vista
* Windows XP
* Windows 2000
* Windows 98/SE/ME (requires special ProgDVB version)
Software which you will need installed before using ProgDVB:
* DirectX v.8.0 or higher.
* MPEG-2 Video DirectShow codec (ProgDVB installer includes the Elecard shareware codec)
* H.264/AVC codec if you want to watch DVB-S2 or HD channels.
Your PC must have sufficient hardware resources to be able to run ProgDVB. Minimum hardware requirements are:
* Intel Pentium III Processor 500 MHz or better for SD channels.
* Intel Pentium 4 Processor 4.0 GHz or better for HD channels.
* 256 MB memory on board.
* 10 MB of disk space (plus the space required for Video&Audio Recording).
* SVGA Videocard Adapter with 32 MB onboard memory.
* SoundBlaster compatible sound card.
* Network adapter (100 Mb) for broadcasting
Naturally, you will require one of the ProgDVB compatible DVB cards and a satellite dish of sufficient size installed and tuned to the required satellite for receiving the DVB-S/DVB-S2 broadcast.